Renaming a PSN (PlayStation Network) account is not always easy. In fact, it was not until April 2019 that Sony could not do it at all by the account holder. You can now change your username once for free in each account. All subsequent changes cost $ 4.99 for PlayStation Plus subscribers or $ 9.99 for others.
Whether you grew up your username or simply want to change it, we will walk you through the process. But first I need two warnings.
If you're playing mostly new games (especially games released after April 1, 2018), Sony says you shouldn't have a lot of problems with username changes since it was developed to support this feature. . But if you're still enjoying the early PS4 games, that's another story. Sony has created a list of games with known issues that can occur if you change your username.
Just before the name change, Sony asks several ways that it might affect some of your valuable game storage data. Stored locally or in the cloud.
- Old online IDs may still be visible to users and other players in some areas.
- In-game progress may be lost, including game saved data, leaderboard data, and trophy progression  Some of your games and applications may not work correctly both online and offline.
- You may lose access to content acquired for games (including paid content), including content such as add-ons and virtual currencies.  If you want to continue changing your username, please do as follows.
Using your web browser
- The first step is to log in to your Sony account. That way, your PSN account name (Sony calls it "online ID") will be displayed as an option at the top of the window. Click "Edit" to change your username.
- Sony raises the warnings listed above before continuing. Press "I Agree" to continue.
- There are more warnings in the next step. Sony tells you that if something goes wrong, you can reverse the change and get back your old username. But it warns that doing so may not solve the problem. In other words, something is likely to be messed up. If you are in danger, go forward.
Using PlayStation 4
- Go to "Settings" on the PS4's main dashboard and scroll through the list until you find "Select Account Management". "Optional. Click on that information, then select" Account Information ">" Profile ">" Online ID ".
- You will see the same warning Sony displays to browser users before allowing you to change your username.
- If you accept this warning, you can enter a new username
How can I get my old username back? Phone calls are available between 6 am and 6 pm Pacific Time on weekdays, 6 am to 10 pm Pacific Time on weekdays, and 7 am to 8 pm Pacific Time on weekends.
As mentioned earlier, Sony can go back to the old username and solve all the problems that could be caused by the new username. [19VoxMediahasanaffiliatepartnershipalthoughVoxMediamayreceivecommissionsforproductspurchasedthroughaffiliatelinksbutdoesnotaffecteditorialcontentSee