Facebook is the most popular social networking website in the world, with over 2.3 million users worldwide. The vast majority of Facebook's user base is on mobile platforms including iOS and Android. The default Facebook app on iOS is ideal for network use. However, we do not offer the option to download videos to your phone. If you're using an iPhone / iPad, you have an app that lets you download Facebook videos.
MyMedia is a file manager that allows you to download various media content to iOS devices. For video, you can download it from the website (third-party downloader) and save it in your camera roll. The application is also free, so there are additional benefits.
1. Download the free MyMedia app to your iPhone / iPad. Your device must be running iOS 9 or higher.
2. Open the Facebook app or Facebook in your mobile browser. Go to the video you want to download. Make sure your video sharing setting is set to "Public." Otherwise, you will not be able to download videos from MyMedia.
3. Copy the video link. You can easily do this by clicking "Share button -> More Options -> Copy" (shown above). This automatically copies the video link to the clipboard.
4. Open the MyMedia app and select the Browser tab. Type "fbdown.net" in the address bar and press Enter.
5. When the website opens, paste the previously copied Facebook Video link into the Download Links area.
6. Now select the quality of the video you want to download. You can choose between HQ quality or standard (standard) image quality.
7. Type the name of the file and press Enter. The video begins to download.
8. When the download is finished, tap outside the dialog box and open the "Media" tab at the bottom of the screen.
9. Tap the video name you just downloaded and select "Save to Camera Roll." When prompted, grant permission to the app.
To download videos from other platforms such as Youtube, please enter a link to the Youtube download website Click the Browser tab and the Youtube Videos link on that website. Save the video to the camera roll in the same way as described above.
That's all. You can find the video on your device's Camera Roll for later viewing, or send it to anyone you want. Unfortunately, this is not as good as downloading videos directly using Facebook in-app options, but it's a good alternative until you upload to iOS (which can be a long time).
Was the guide helpful? Please let us know in the Comments section below.
Is this article useful?