Two years ago, this week, we launched Microsoft 365, an integrated suite of applications and services designed to help customers transform collaboration in the workplace, streamline business processes and protect critical information. Microsoft Teams is located in the Microsoft 365 center, the center for teamwork that combines chat, video meetings, calls and files in a single integrated application. More than 13 million people now use Equipment on a daily basis, and more than 19 million people use it weekly. With availability in 53 languages in 181 markets, Teams promotes teamwork for clients around the world, including Emirates, FedEx, Lexmark, Adecco Group, KONE and McCann Worldgroup.
As part of the extension of the Teams to all workers in all industries, today we are announcing new capabilities in four areas that facilitate communication and collaboration between the Teams.
1. Prioritize time-sensitive communication
Two new features in the Teams will ensure that important messages are transmitted.
- Priority notifications alert recipients of time sensitive messages by pinging the recipient every two minutes on their mobile and desk until the response is received.
- The reading receipts in the chat show an icon to indicate when the recipient has read a message you sent.
Priority notifications and reading receipts begin to extend this month.
2. Easily manage communications within and between teams
- Announcements allow team members to highlight important news on a channel and is a great way to start a new project, welcome a new colleague, or share the results of a recent marketing campaign.
- Cross-channel publishing allows you to post a single message on multiple channels at the same time.
- Channel moderation allows moderators to manage what a channel is published and if a publication accepts responses.
Ads are being displayed now. Moderation of channels and cross-channel publication will come soon.
3. Provide Front-Line Workers the management of their schedules and updates
- The new function of time clock in the Equipment Changes module allows workers to record their work shifts and exit they directly from their mobile teams the application Managers have the option of geo-fencing a location to ensure that team members are at the designated workplace at the time of entering or leaving.
- Directed communication allows team owners to send messages to everyone in a specific role at the same time by writing the name of the role in a publication. For example, you can send a message to all the cashiers in a store or to all the nurses in a hospital.
The time clock is now spreading. The directed communication will begin to be deployed in August 2019.
4. IT Managers: Easily deploy the Teams client and manage policies for everyone in your organization
- The Teams client is now available for the existing Office 365 ProPlus installations on the monthly channel.
- Policy Packages in the Teams Administration Center enable IT administrators to apply a predefined set of policies to Team functions, such as messages and meetings, to employees according to the needs of their role.
The policy packages in the Equipment administration center will be coming soon.
Building a strong partner ecosystem with Teams
Partners play a critical role in helping customers use Teams to streamline business processes, and today we are announcing four new partner initiatives.
- Solutions for contact centers : contact centers are an important part of customer service operations in many companies. We are working with Five9, Genesys, NICE inContact and other leading contact center solution providers to enable integration between the Teams and contact center solutions.
- Call recording for compliance – Since many industries have regulatory policies that require recording calls and meetings, we partner with compliance registration partners, including ASC, NICE and Verint to add this capability to the Teams.
- Workforce Management -Microsoft has partnered with retail IT solutions provider REPL to develop an Integration between teams and the JDA workforce management solution. The integration allows to see the information of the schedule of turns with a precision in almost real time in the module Changes of equipment. This gives Firstline Workers the ability to access and request changes to their existing shift schedules through the Teams application.
- Partner-led Teams Test : to help partners help customers realize the power of Teams, we are launching a new Team Test led by partners. This new trial version will allow Microsoft 365 partners to offer their customers a free six-month trial to provide the entire Team experience to customers only with Exchange Online or who have not yet moved to the cloud. The test will be available to eligible customers through Microsoft Cloud Service Provider partners beginning August 1, 2019. For more details, read the Microsoft Partner Guide for Microsoft Team Testing initiated by the partner.
Help our clients transform the way work is done
Lexmark uses Equipment to boost project efficiency. The equipment is part of Lexmark's transformation with Microsoft 365.
With 130,000 employees in 70 countries, the main DXC technologists use teams to collaborate on the client. Proposals and share best practices.
The canine officers of the Belgian Federal Police use equipment to stay connected in the field and with operational support.
One of the Godrej Properties, the largest real estate management company in India, uses the Equipment to gather employees, suppliers and contractors, and keep interested parties interested in the projects.
Start with Teams
Teams are transforming collaboration in the workplace and helping to streamline business processes. about the world. But do not trust our word, try it yourself. Start with the free teams today!